13 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
Have you meditated on these words lately from Psalm 139? Ponder the depth of its truth. God created the world with His spoken word, and He creates you and me by forming our inward parts, knitting us together in our mother’s womb.
The process of knitting is a loving act. The hands and heart work together to weave the finished product. Stitches are counted, measurements are made, and tender thoughts of the person receiving the creation run frequently through the knitter’s mind. This is the love of the Creator at work, knitting each precious life into their mother’s womb. Each creation…fearfully….wonderfully…made.
Wonderful are your works, Oh Lord, my soul knows it very well!
My husband read these stats to me earlier this week, and I have not been able to shake them from my mind. I need to share.
Planned Parenthood’s Fiscal Report for the 2009-2010 year states 329,445 abortions were performed Nation-wide. That equals an average of 902 aborted lives a day. In addition, the agency’s commitment to adoption referrals grimly decreased by 82.8% in comparison to their 2007-08 referrals. (http://cnsnews.com/news/ )*
What can we do? Shake our fists and yell angrily? There are more productive ways to speak out for human life and make a positive impact on our society. Consider these options:
- Volunteer at your local Crisis Pregnancy Center
- Make a donation on behalf of a couple who are saving money to adopt
- Join the generations, like my friends Sarah & Will and their kids, who peacefully and prayerfully join the 40 Days for Life commitment (those are her darlings in the picture above)
- Offer your support to a family who chose life
- Make your vote and your voice count